We are always looking for great candidates in accounting, human resources, marketing, product development, supply chain, information technology and more.
Currently we are hiring for:
Director of Sales
DIRECTOR OF SALES
|Supports as Needed:
||Works closely with Marketing, Business Analytics, Product Management, Finance & Sales
Perio, Inc. is a privately held consumer products company headquartered in Dublin, Ohio and owner of the Barbasol and Pure Silk brands. Barbasol is America’s #1 brand of shaving cream. For nearly 100 years, generations of men have trusted Barbasol shaving cream for a close and comfortable shave. Barbasol is now proud to offer a comprehensive assortment of premium razors, personal care items and grooming tools. Pure Silk is also a leader in the shave category and has a full offering of shaving cream, razors and personal care and beauty tools. Barbasol and Pure Silk products are available at retailers nationwide. Perio is a fast-growing, values-centered, collaborative and family-friendly organization that prides itself on its culture and giving back to the community.
Responsible for leading sales team and directing the execution of sales plans and initiatives, sales presentations and other objectives in support of reaching department and company goals. Primary contact in managing select national accounts. This position reports to the President.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sales & Account Management
People Leadership/Performance Management
- Assists in developing overall long and short-term sales strategies.
- Identifies account level opportunities and influences listing decisions using data analysis and story-telling.
- Pursues new sales to expand product facings and increases distribution to levels appropriate for brand performance at retail.
- Attends to buying cycles, anticipating customer needs and creating high performance, preferred supplier relationships.
- Identifies and builds relationships with key decision makers / retail executives to influence buying decisions.
- Aligns account’s promotional programs to match company’s price model and controls deductions for market development / co-op funds.
- Secures incremental, off shelf placement by leveraging existing or driving the creation of shippers, PDQ’s, clip strips, etc.
- Creates and supports a customer-driven culture so that employees are actively engaged in the business and providing customers (both internal and external) everything necessary to meet or exceed expectations.
- Supports Company values and strives to achieve the company’s mission statement each and every day.
- Provides leadership, training & development and management across sales and cross functional groups to support a highly engaged and satisfied workforce.
- Orchestrates sales priorities to align with strategic company initiatives.
- Manages several direct reports, partnering with team members to provide support with account decisions that affect distribution, pricing, promotions, negotiations, and general account management needs.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership: Outstanding leadership skills and business acumen.
- National CPG Experience: knowledge of the CPG and/or Health & Beauty industries with demonstrable experience developing effective sales strategies in the CPG industry.
- Professional Presence Ability to present self in professional manner with high level of social etiquette and grace while making others at ease and comfortable with your company.
- Category Management Experience: The ability to identify opportunities to support category growth, positioning ourselves as category leaders.
- Persistence: The ability to persevere or repeat a behavior until you can reach a desired outcome. Must be able to develop creative approaches if the first does not result in desired outcome.
- Mathematical Abilities: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and volume.
- Collaborative Approach: The ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others in joint efforts.
- Influential: The ability to affect persons or events, causing something without any direct or apparent effort.
- Analytical: Strong analysis and judgment skills. The ability to analyze or divide information into elements or principles and to draw reasonable conclusions.
- Goal Oriented: Self driven, motivated and results oriented.
- Sales Skills: Knowledge, principles and methods for showing and promoting, and selling products or services. Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing techniques. Holds a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and/or quotas.
- Communication: Knowledge of communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and must specifically have a good command of the English language: oral and written.
- Problem Solving Skills: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good interpersonal skills for collaboratively working with other company employees / consultants and customers.
SUMMARY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years sales experience required.
- Experience with Health and Beauty and/or Consumer Products preferred.
- Prior management experience required.
- National account distribution and program selling experience to buyers and category managers required.
Periodic travel by car and air to various company and client location will be required – approximately 20% of the time.
- Communicates orally and electronically with co-workers, clients and vendors in face-to-face, one-on-one, e-mail, telephone or group settings.
- The position requires “Sedentary Work” - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time.
This position requires no direct supervision of individuals within the organization.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources: humanresources @ perio-inc.com
Back to Top