We are always looking for great candidates in accounting, human resources, marketing, product development, supply chain, information technology and more.
Currently we are hiring for:
Accounts Payable Manager
||Senior Financial Accountant
|Supports as Needed:
||Senior Financial Accountant, Plant Controller.
Also must ensure that all activities are closely coordinated with key constituents of other functions and activities within the accounting services group and the manufacturing facility. This includes active communication with sales & marketing and operations.
Responsible for accounts payable management and processing, supplier relations, receipting, disbursements, and 1099 and other tax related matters. Assists with other accounting functions as required for Perio Inc. and Barbasol LLC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works with others in accounting and purchasing to collect and match invoices, purchase orders, goods received notices, and other documentation, and seeks internal approvals as necessary by company policy and practices.
- Reviews and processes supplier payments.
- Handles inquiries from suppliers and resolves any issues or discrepancies.
- Responsible for new supplier setup, including working with suppliers to obtain required forms and information, and accurately entering the information in the accounting system.
- Responsible for year-end preparation of 1099 reporting.
- Reconciles purchasing card purchases, and obtains proper approvals, receipting, and expense coding.
- Audits employee expense requests to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Tracks, reports, and files sales and use tax returns.
- Assists with company reporting.
- Participates in annual audit as part of audit team.
- Assists Senior Financial Accountant and Plant Controller with other accounting tasks as needed, including accounts receivable, inventory, general ledger, month-end items. Where possible, serves as back-up to other functions within accounting department.
- Participates in various special projects.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical Skills: Technical Skills in account reconciliation, GAAP and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Planning and Organization: Ability to plan and manage multiple projects within appropriate deadlines
- Problem Solving Skills: Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Detail Attention Ability to manage and execute work with a high degree of detail with accuracy and effectiveness.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must have excellent interpersonal skills for collaboratively working with accounting staff and other company employees / consultants and customers. Able to work in an open office environment with a variety of personalities.
- Communication Skills: Position requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and must specifically have a good command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Independence & Initiative: Excellent technical skills are necessary, including the ability to work independently, resourcefully solve problems and initiative to produce accurate work in a timely fashion and at the desired level of performance.
- Confidentiality: Able to demonstrate confidentiality in the performance of duties. Complies with the established rules of operation, procedures, and policies when using company computers, peripheral hardware, and software. Individual passwords and any other confidential information regarding company records shall be kept confidential.
- Computer Literacy: Ability to utilize and learn a variety of computer software applications such as word processing, databases, internet searching applications, email applications and spreadsheet software.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills: Ability to demonstrate intermediate to advance skills relevant to the position. Automate reporting and analysis through advanced Excel and Access tools such as pivot tables and queries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Two to four years of accounting experience.
- Experience with large ERP systems.
- Experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical skills using Crystal Reports, or other reporting software such as Oracle BI or SRSS.
OTHER TESTING / LICENSES REQUIRED
The majority of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Tempo is fast-paced. A portion of the of job function may require travel to offsite manufacturing facilities in Ohio. There will be exposure to heat, irritant chemicals, operating machinery and noise. Periodic travel by car to plant location may be required.
Perio Inc. offers health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a health savings account; an employee wellness program; a 401(k) with employer match; and other benefits.
- Communicates orally and electronically with co-workers, clients and vendors in face-to-face, one-on-one, e-mail, telephone or group settings.
- The employee is subject to chemical compounds found in an office environment.
- The employee regularly must be able to complete the following activities in the course of his/her job: fingering, grasping, picking, pinching, typing, talking, hearing within normal ranges, and repetitive motion.
- The position requires “Sedentary Work” - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time.
This position requires no direct supervision of individuals within the organization.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Renee: ringram @ perio-inc.com
Back to Top